Quality Care Center Program
Please note: This page is intended for Healthcare Providers and organizations seeking Quality Care Center Certification.
Click here to learn more about the WED Foundation's Quality Care Centers for WED/RLS.
Click here for a list of currently certified Quality Care Centers for WED/RLS.
Description of Model
The WED Foundation launched the Quality Care Center (QCC) Program for Willis-Ekbom disease/restless legs syndrome (WED/RLS) in order to improve the quality and accessibility of care for individuals with WED/RLS.
- A Quality Care Center (QCC) is expected to be a recognized leader in the provision of comprehensive care for the WED/RLS community and to serve as a liaison to the individual's primary care provider. Institutions that are granted QCC status are eligible to receive research grant awards restricted to this program.
- The WED Foundation's Quality Institute, through WED/RLS QCC and other interested participants will identify standards of care, track patient outcomes using these standards, and share findings through meetings and publications.
The program will be supported through individual donations and application fees. Please consider giving a gift to the Quality Care Center Program to support the successful implementation of the innovative model.
Quality Care Center Benefits
- Recognition as a specialty center (care provider) meeting the WED Foundation standards as an WED/RLS Quality Care Center
- Promotion in Foundation publications, newsletter, and website
- Opportunities to network and share best practices with other WED/RLS QCC awardees
- Unlimited Access to Foundation educational materials
- Liaison with local WED Foundation support groups
- Access, through a competitive Application process, to research grant funds
The Quality Care Center Program designed to improve diagnosis and treatment for individuals living with WED/RLS. The program, based on a center of excellence model, will certify individual healthcare providers in clinical settings as a recognized provider of high quality diagnosis and management of WED/RLS patients.
- Complete the Application. Download the application form here. You may request assistance in completing the application by contacting the Foundation directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please put Quality Care Center Application in the subject line to get prompt response from the WED Foundation. An application fee of $500 is required to submit the application
- Review Process. The completed application will be assigned to a member of the Foundation's Medical Advisory Board (MAB) for review. This process can take 4-6 weeks, and the MAB member may contact you directly for additional information or clarification.
- Approval. An application summary with recommendation for approval/disapproval will be forwarded to the Foundation Executive Director in a timely manner. The Board of Directors will consider each application and make a final determination of approval.
- Recertification. A WED/RLS Quality Care Center certification remains active for three years from the date of certification. Centers/individuals must reapply in a timely manner during year three if they want to keep their cetification status active.
Click here to download a program application.
Click here to download a program brochure.
Click here for a roster of our current Medical Advisory Board.
To better serve its members, the Foundation maintains a directory of healthcare providers (HCPs) who have expressed interest and/or knowledge in the treatment of WED/RLS. Healthcare providers at each QCC will be listed in our HCP directory and in our certified QCC listing. To join the QCC directory, please complete the QCC application. To join our HCP listing, please complete this form and return it to email@example.com or fax it to 507-287-6312.
Program launched in 2013.