How to Become a Quality Care Center
The RLS Foundation launched the Quality Care Center (QCC) Program for restless legs syndrome (RLS) in 2013 in order to improve the quality and accessibility of care for individuals with RLS.
Quality Care Center Requirements
- A Quality Care Center (QCC) is expected to be a recognized leader in providing comprehensive care for the RLS community and to serve as a liaison to the individual's primary care provider. Institutions that are granted QCC status are eligible to receive research grant awards restricted to this program.
- The RLS Foundation's Quality Institute, through RLS QCC and other interested participants will identify standards of care, track patient outcomes using these standards, and share findings through meetings and publications.
Quality Care Center Benefits
- Recognition as a specialty center (care provider) meeting the RLS Foundation high standards of care
- Exposure in RLS Foundation publications, newsletters, website and social media outlets
- Opportunities to network and share best practices with other RLS QCC awardees
- Unlimited Access to Foundation educational materials
- Liaison with local RLS Foundation support groups
- Access, through a competitive Application process, to research grant funds
The Quality Care Center Program, based on a center of excellence model, will certify individual healthcare providers in clinical settings as a recognized provider of high quality diagnosis and management of RLS patients.
- Complete the Application. Download and complete the application form here. Return form with an application fee of $500 to the address indicated on the application.
- Review Process. The completed application will be assigned to a member of the Foundation's Medical Advisory Board (MAB) for review. Please allow 4-6 weeks for review, the MAB member may contact you directly for additional information or clarification.
- Approval. An application summary with recommendation for approval/disapproval will be forwarded to the Foundation Executive Director in a timely manner. The Board of Directors will consider each application and make a final determination of approval.
- Recertification. An RLS Quality Care Center certification remains active for three years from the date of certification. Centers/individuals must reapply in a timely manner during year three in order to maintain an active certification status.
The program is supported through application fees and individual donations. Please consider giving a gift to the Quality Care Center Program to support the successful implementation of this innovative model.